Testing out a new Hugo blog here. Before I update the styling too…
I want this to be the homepage for all the things I write dev wise and then I can export it if necessary (all posts in markdown and they can be handled elsewhere…).
Hugo is hella fast.
And all I need is some nice text pages I can quickly link to for different code snippets.
The theme is PaperMod.
- Read this on layout: https://gohugo.io/getting-started/directory-structure/
- Figure out where to store images
- Deploying to GitHub pages can be as simple as: https://gohugo.io/hosting-and-deployment/hosting-on-github/
- Make the domain dev.mrdbourke.com works + redirect to different places as necessary
- mrdbourke.dev could redirect to here?
What does code look like?
def some_code(): print("Hello, world! This is my new blog.")
Hmmm it would be cool if the code was copy-able, GitHub style.
I’ll dig more into the theme over the next couple of days.